- 1 Ecitizen Kenya Portal – New Registration & ecitizen.go.ke Login
- 2 Additional Features of E-Citizen Kenya Platform
- 3 Guide for Ecitizen Kenya New Account Registration Process
- 3.1 Ecitizen Login Procedure @ecitizen.go.ke
- 3.2 Ecitizen Kenya password /Account recovery
- 3.3 Ecitizen Kenya Mobile App
- 3.4 How to Download/install eCitizenKe on your Android device
- 3.5 Ecitizen Kenya Helpline/Complaint Number
- 3.6 FAQs of Ecitizen Portal Kenya
Hello readers! We have come up with another interesting article today on the Ecitizen Kenya initiative launched by the Kenyan Government. It has launched the digital payments unit to digitize all payments into government accounts. This initiation helps to increase revenue collection, cost minimization of collection, and enhance service delivery. It ensures that citizens, non-citizens of Kenya, and business entities can access these government services online and make Payments electronically and conveniently.
Moreover, online users can choose their preferred method of payment, 24X7, anywhere in the world. Since 2013, only a few government services have been partially digitized, and most receipts by the government were manual. Besides, a survey has found that over a third of the payments were cash-based, presenting a high opportunity for leakage and abuse of the system and the high cost of collection. All these incidents provoke the Keynan government to initiate the Ecitizen Kenya Portal.
Ecitizen Kenya Portal – New Registration & ecitizen.go.ke Login
This article explains the complete details about the Ecitizen Kenya Portal, Step by Step Guide to carry out the New Account Registration Process, Login Procedure, eCitizen Mobile App, List of Services of Kenya on the official portal of Ecitizen Kenya.
What is the Purpose of Ecitizen Kenya Portal
Let us see the purpose of the launch of the Ecitizen Kenya Portal, as shown below.
- Kenya’s Ecitizen portal was first developed as a payment gateway and integrated with e-payment platforms, including mobile telephone money payment services and others.
- The portal was fortified in a Gazette Notice No. 9290 of 30th December 2014, and the mandate of the Taskforce was later enhanced through Gazette Notice No. 3299 of 13th May 2015.
- However, on 12th January 2018, the Unit was moved from the presidency to the National Treasury under the Directorate of Accounting Services, Quality Assurance, and reports to a Steering Committee.
- The eCitizen portal acts as a facilitator in providing an open (eKYC), digitized financial system, powering a digitally-driven and inclusive economy.
- Besides providing resource mobilization for government and enhancing service delivery to Kenyans,
- Moreover, the NT’s MTP III (2018-2022) recommends that ‘All P2G and B2G payments be digital’ and has tasked the Unit with its implementation.
- The eCitizen program cuts across the Social and Economic Pillar of Vision 2030 and is associated directly with Technology and Innovation and Public Sector Reforms.
Features of E-citizen Kenya Service
Let us see the following features of the E-citizen Kenya Portal, as shown below.
- Since the portal’s launch, the ecitizen Kenya services have proven a major hit with Kenyans, thanks largely to simplified access to multiple government services.
- Under this initiative, the whole government is available to you via citizen. You no longer have to travel/queue for many hours to get a simple document like good conduct.
- Everything has become so simple and easier after the portal’s launch, like vehicle transfers, NTSA services, County government licenses (for several counties), ePassport applications (on the passport application Kenya page), and many more.
- The citizen Kenya self-service portal makes everything so easy.
- The only qualification is to have an e citizen Kenya account to start enjoying virtually every government service.
- Official Digital payments platform enables Kenyan citizens, residents, and visitors to access and pay for government services online.
- In short, citizen Kenya is a government-sponsored citizen utility services website.
- It’s from this vast internet site that you get a plethora of services.
Additional Features of E-Citizen Kenya Platform
Ecitizen is a platform that allows Kenyans to access government services such as renewal of driving license, application of passports, business registration service, etc.
Single Sign-on: All you need is a single account with a single username and password to get you into everything by the government.
Convenience: Online users can pay using mobile money, debit cards, and online banking from local banks.
Notifications: The citizens can receive email and SMS notifications every time your application has progressed.
Online Services: The applicants should fill online application forms and then receive their permit in PDF format.
E Citizen Kenya Services List – Updated 2022
The Kenyan government’s initiative is to digitize government payments by publishing government services on an e-Services Portal.
It provides Kenyan Citizens and Foreign Residents with a digital platform for e-Services resulting in a cash-lite digital environment. However, the initiative will be rolled out in different phases.
As part of the PFMRs reforms, the Government Digital Payments Unit is being facilitated in three areas, such as
- On-boarding of new Services on the Portal.
- Re-engineering the Portal for ease of navigation and
- Sensitization and training of MCDAs who use the platform for better use and an in-depth understanding of the system.
Find out the below list of services in detail, as shown below.
- Customs Goods Declaration
- Pin Application/Registration
- Excisable Goods Management System
- Pin Checker
- Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) Checker
- WHT (Withholding Tax) Checker
- KRA Complaints and Information Centre
- KRA Mobile Payments (service)
- Customs Manifest Lodgement
- Case Status Checker
- Returns Filing
- Tax Agent Checker
- Notice of Marriage – Registrar of Marriages
- Issuance of a registrar’s certificate – Registrar of Marriages
- Solemnization of marriage – Registrar of Marriages
- Issuance of a marriage certificate – Registrar of Marriages
- Commissioning of affidavits – Registrar of Marriages
- Business Name Registration – Registrar of Companies
- Business Name Search – Registrar of Companies
- Official Search (Nairobi Blocks) – Ministry of Lands
- Land Rent Clearance Certificate – Ministry of Lands
- Application for official copy – Ministry of Lands
- Civil Registration Services
- Birth Certificate – Civil Registration Services
- Late Birth Certificate – Civil Registration Services
- Death Certificate – Civil Registration Services
- Provisional Driving License – National Transport and Safety Authority
- Driving Test Booking- National Transport and Safety Authority
- Interim Driving License – National Transport and Safety Authority
- Driving License Renewal (1 Year) – National Transport and Safety Authority
- Driving Class Endorsement – National Transport and Safety Authority
- Duplicate Driving License- National Transport and Safety Authority
- Driving License Information Corrections – National Transport and Safety Authority
- Passport application for Adults – Department of Immigration
- Passport Application for Children – Department of Immigration
- Application for Kenyan Visa- Department of Immigration.
Guide for Ecitizen Kenya New Account Registration Process
As discussed above, the applicants should have an account on www.ecitizen.go.ke to obtain any essential government service.
- Here now is how to complete the E citizen registration procedure, as shown below.
- For example, open your browser, Mozilla Firefox/google chrome, and type in www.ecitizen.go.ke in the address bar. You will get this page.
- Click on the ‘create an account button on the top right side, and you will find an option to create an account.
- Then you will be redirected to a page where you can find options to create new accounts for Kenyan citizens and Foreign Residents. Click on create an account for Kenyan citizens if you are a Kenyan resident.
- Click on create an account for foreign residents if you are a foreign resident.
- Now the applicants will get a web page where they need to fill in the following details: ID Number and First name as per their ID (click ‘ validate ‘ to validate your details).
- After the successful validation, the system will display your full name and ID details on the screen. If satisfied, proceed to type your email address. Note that you must confirm your email address by entering it twice in the space given. You also need to type your mobile phone number before typing a good password in the provided spaces.
- Enter the Email address and confirm you confirm your email address.
- Enter the Phone Number, Password, and Confirm your password.
- Next, you read and agree to the listed terms and conditions, then click ‘continue’.
- Before moving on, log into your email address (the one you gave above) to verify your email.
- To do this, click and open the new email you find in your inbox from Ecitizen and click verify.
- On the other hand, to verify your telephone number, type it in the area provided and click on send verification code.
- A fresh and unique code is sent to the applicant’s phone number as an SMS.
- Also, type it in the box marked Enter the verification SMS sent to your mobile phone via SMS, then tap on verify.
- It is all done now. Your E citizen Kenya login credentials are registered on the website and verified for use.
- Thus, all the E Citizen services will subsequently be available to you.
Please note that the applicants must be Kenyan Citizens with a national ID card number. The foreign residents can also register provided they have a valid National alien card Number.
Ecitizen Login Procedure @ecitizen.go.ke
You can log in to your e citizen account on the official website of a citizen in Kenya by the following steps:
You will be using your Ecitizen Login to enter into your Ecitizen Kenya portal in account anytime you need a government service.
- Go and visit the official portal of the Ecitizen Kenyan Government.
- Enter the applicant’s ID number/email address plus your password as created earlier on then click login.
- The system then logs the applicants in.
- The services dashboard is shown as below so just press on your liked service and go ahead to apply.
County Governments with services on E-citizen Kenya
Several county governments have collaborated with e citizen Kenya and have some of their services listed on the website. These are:
- County Government of Nyeri
- County Government of Mombasa
- County Government of Kisumu
This means you can get your business permit/license from the citizen if your business is located in any of these counties.
Ecitizen Kenya password /Account recovery
Recovering your E-citizen password is quite simple. Just follow the following steps:
- Go to the usual Ecitizen login page here, and click on forgot your password.
To Recover your eCitizen password via email:
- Fill in your official registered email address (the one on the portal). The password reset instruction details are sent to this email box.
- Click on email me the link to reset my password then select continue.
- Now open the email inbox and sign in.
- The users will then find a password reset email from Ecitizen.
- Open this email and click the attached link which takes you to the password resetting screen below.
- The applicant’s role is only to enter a new password (remember to confirm it) and lastly click reset my password.
How To Recover Ecitizen Kenya Portal password using your ID number
The ID number method is seemingly easier for many Kenyans.
- Here you enter the ID number (in place of your email).
The computer goes here:
- He/She can request the Ecitizen portal to send a password recovery SMS code.
- The applicants should select send the reset code through the mobile number.
- Click on the continue button.
- Now head over to your phone and locate the SMS code from eCitizen.
- Type this code in the next window and click continue.
- A new password reset screen will then start loading.
- Your work is only to enter a new password (remember to confirm it) and lastly click reset my password.
- From now the online users will be logging in using this new email.
Ecitizen Kenya Mobile App
Ecitizen ke is an android app that can be used to access the Ecitizen portal provided by the Kenyan Government. You can access the following services in the app.
Registrar of companies
- Business Name Registration
- Business Name Search
Registrar of marriages
- Notice of Marriage
- Issuance of a registrar’s certificate
- Solemnization of marriage
- Issuance of a marriage certificate
- Commissioning of affidavits
- Special licenses for marriage
National transport and safety authority
- Provisional Driving License
- Driving Test Booking
- Interim Driving License
- Driving License Renewal (1 Year)
- Driving Class Endorsement
- Duplicate Driving License
- Driving License Information Corrections
Ministry of lands
- Official Search (Nairobi Blocks)
- Land Rent Clearance Certificate
- Application for official copy
Department of immigration
- Passport application for adults
- Passport Application for Children
- Application for Kenyan Visa
Features of eCitizenKe Mobile App
Let us see the features of the eCitizen Mobile App, as shown below.
- Ecitizen ke is a free app for Android published in the Office Suites & Tools list of apps, part of the business.
- The company that develops eCitizenKe is Kimaget Systems.
- To install this app, the eCitizenKe, on your Android device, you click the Continue to App button above to start the installation process.
- The app has been listed on our website since 2016-05-16 and was downloaded 2969 times.
- We have already checked if the download link is safe. However, for your protection, we recommend that you scan the downloaded app with your antivirus.
- If the antivirus detects the eCitizenKe as malware, then contact the helpline.
How to Download/install eCitizenKe on your Android device
Let us see the online procedure to download and install the eCitizen Mobile App on your device.
- Open google play store and search for “ecitizenke”
- Once the eCitizenKe is shown in the Google Play listing of your Android device, you can start the download by clicking on the install button.
- It then shows a pop-up window with the permissions required by eCitizenKe will be shown.
- Click on Accept to continue the process.
- Then, finally, the eCitizenKe app will be downloaded onto your device, displaying progress.
- Once the download completes, the installation will start, and you’ll receive a notification after the installation is completed.
Ecitizen Kenya Helpline/Complaint Number
Let us find the contact details of the Ecitizen Kenya portal, as shown below.
To contact Ecitizen Kenya, here are the details:
- Telephone: +254 780 206 206
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs of Ecitizen Portal Kenya
Where can we find Ecitizen Kenya app?
The citizens can find the Ecitizen ke app on the Android published in the Office Suites & Tools list of apps, part of the business. Kimaget Systems has developed this app, and the latest version released by its developer is 7.0. This app was rated by 3 users of our site and had an average rating of 2.7.
How to contact Ecitizen Kenya service in case of any trouble or issues regarding the same?
The applicants can contact the concerned numbers displayed on the official portal of Ecitizen Kenya.
What are the major citizen services that Ecitizen Kenya provides?
You can access the following services on the official website of Ecitizen Kenya, such as
Registrar of companies
• Registrar of marriages
• National transport and safety authority
• Ministry of lands
• Department of immigration
What is the objective of the Ecitizen Kenya launched by the Kenyan government?
The Ecitizen portal, www.citizen.go.ke was launched as a payment gateway and integrated with electronic payment platforms, including mobile telephone money payment services.